Start your week off with a quick preview of North Carolina from Rick Pitino in his latest blog. He also recaps the loss to Virginia if you would like to check out the full post, but for me, it’s time to move on to tonight’s game. Here is what Pitino says about the Tar Heels and about the Cards moving forward.
* North Carolina is ranked #1 in points in the paint at 46 per game among the power five conferences.
* Almost 20% of their points come from transition.
* They shoot 60% on the break
* Brice Johnson is ranked 6th in the nation in defensive rebounding percentage. Also, he is the third most efficient player in the country statistically according to Ken Pomeroy.
* Marcus Paige is the career leader in Carolina history in three point field goals made at 254.
* 61% of their offense come from two-pointers (third in the country).
Obviously we have our work cut out for us. I can’t explain the Virginia game. We have to get Nanu back in peak form, Trey and Damion more focused, and we have to become a much more defensively reliable team.
I believe the Final Four teams this year will be the ones that have experience. If we can survive February, we will have gained plenty of that.