I’m taking a look at the Louisville football schedule for the 2020 season. I will attempt to rank the schedule from the toughest games to the easiest. I’m writing this assuming the season will be played as scheduled. But if the ACC goes to a 10 game conference only schedule, Louisville would lose games against UK, WKU and Murray State. I’m assuming the Cards would keep Notre Dame and add another ACC Costal team, possibly Pittsburgh, to the schedule.
I’ll go into much mote detail about each team when I release my annual game by game predictions in the first week of August. But until then, let’s take a brief look at the schedule and what I think.
1. Sept. 12 at Clemson
- Not really much to explain here. Clemson is currently top dog.
- Win chance 7%
2. Nov. 21 at Notre Dame
- Notre Dame is a brand name and it’s well deserved. They should be just inside the top 10 preseason and possibly top 5 when Louisville rolls into South Bend.
- Win chance 35%
3. Nov. 7 at Virginia
- Virginia keeps getting better every year und Bronco Mendenhall but replacing QB Bryce Perkins could be tough. Louisville hasn’t really played well at Virginia, otherwise this game would be ranked around 6th or 7th toughest.
- Win chance 78%
4. Oct. 31 Virginia Tech
- They could be higher on this list because I see them showing up on several top 25 list. Going to be a tough game.
- Win chance 57%
5. Nov. 28 Kentucky
- Probably a 6 – 7 win team with a great offensive line and strong rushing game. It helps to have this one at home.
- Win chance 70%
6. Oct. 24 Florida State
- They are going to be good this year…. is what we hear every year. They definitely have talent but can thy finally put it all together and get back to the FSU of years past?
- Win chance 69%
7. Sept. 2 NC State
- A team that seems to be regressing but has talent.
- Win chance 88%
8. Nov. 14 Wake Forest
- On paper they look to be a 6 win team.
- Win chance 86%
9. Oct. 3 at Syracuse
- ‘Cuse could be undefeated (4-0) when Louisville rolls into NY. Both leave 4-1.
- Win chance 85%
10. Oct. 10 at Boston College
- New head coach alert – could take a year or two to get things going. Or could it, coach Satterfield? Asking for a friend. *Upset Alert noted*
- Win chance 70%
11. Sept. 26 WKU
- Toughest game on their schedule – so they should be ready to fight for at least a half.
- Win chance 90%
12. Sept. 19 Murray State
- No excuses …. Just win.
- Win chance 99%
* Win chances are approximate from ESPN
As Always, GO CARDS!