This week…..on 55…..
In honor of MY beloved Steelers hiring former Steeler great Joey Porter…and because I couldn’t find any new 55 pics…I have dedicated the title pic to you Joey Porter. Congrats! On the job not being the header on 55, or both, whatever. This week on 55 we discuss long layoffs, an all seeing being in CardNation and much, much more. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) We shall start off this week with a little Football talk. Tae Thibodeaux signed with UofL on Wednesday. The 6’1 267 pound Defensive Tackle is a much needed addition to the 2014 recruiting class. Read more here
2) Also this past weekend the Cards had a ton of visitors. Headed by David Moala, Pio Vatuvei for officials and Emmitt Smith and compamy here for junior day. Read more about Pio and Moala here
3) It was announced that all of the Spring practices will be open to the public leading up to the annual Spring game on April 11. Here is the full schedule:
4) Henry Famurewa Tweeted this out on Saturday:
5) Straight Fire………..
6) On to Basketball
7) “This has been the longest wait ever between games! At least we get to play tomorrow.”
8) “No we don’t”
10) Snowmageddon, patent pending, probably not, pushed UofL’s game vs storied rival Temple over to Friday night AKA Valentines Day. No worries as the Cards dispatched their rivals 82-58. Montrezl Harrell had a career high 22 points and with his 6 dunks, pulled within one dunk of the single season dunk record set by Chane Behanan. Surely he would shatter that vs Rutgers….
12) Because he would only get one dunk Sunday night vs storied rival Rutgers during a 102-54 stomping of Rutgers at home in the YUM! Lead by Luke Hancock’s 25 points (6 threes), Rozier’s 4 threes which led to an overall season high 16 3 point baskets made, it gave very few opportunities for Trezl to be Trezl. Worry not as the very next dunk breaks the record.
13) Also evidentally ESPN likes to call every team we play a storied rival
Although National Signing Day was last week, Louisville will be adding another key piece to the 2014 class on Wednesday. Defensive tackle Tae Thibodeaux announced via twitter that he will be signing with Louisville.
Thibodeaux visited the Cards this past weekend and was scheduled to visit Arkansas on the weekend of February 21, but apparently he saw enough on this visit that he doesn’t need to see Arkansas.
Thibodeaux is listed at 6’1 and 267 pounds by Rivals.com. He is a 3-star player on Rivals, Scout, 247, and ESPN.
This year’s signing class may not be done just yet. Tae Thibodeaux, defensive tackle from New Iberia, Louisiana, still has a decision to make. He is down to either Louisville or Arkansas.
So yes, he has an offer from both schools. If you don’t believe me, check out the picture below. He literally has both offers with him on the table.
Thibodeaux is listed at 6’1 and 267 pounds by Rivals.com. He is a 3-star player on Rivals, Scout, 247, and ESPN. The Cards are in need of a defensive tackle in this class. Will Thibodeaux be the one?