55 (Episode 11)
Posted by Jeremy Wahman
This week…..on 55…..
We talk about a variety of things. Radio shows, Top 5 Pitino era guys and even the Royal Rumble. I have also decided that this will be Shawn’s last regular appearance in 55. I appreciate him being a good sport. In the end I just felt like this was his time. Good riddance. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) Clint Hurtt was the last Charlie Strong staff member to leave Louisville. He will be taking an NFL job with the Chicago Bears. We appreciate all you did big fella. Much love and good luck B.I.G. click here to see his message to UofL fans
4) Led by Shoni Schimmel’s nine 3 point baskets, the Louisville women’s basketball team beat Memphis on Sunday 88-61. Shoni had eight 3 pointers in the first half and scored 29 points overall.
5) She bad
6) If you want to check out some tweets that our football visitors had during/after their official visit this weekend click here
7) The men’s basketball team went to USF and routed cold-shooting South Florida 86-47 led by Wayne Blackshear’s 16 points. In one of the first 55’s I showed Wayne Blackshear’s heartbeat as a flatline…..We have an update
9) Hopefully we have more peaks than valleys….congrats on coming around Wayne
10) USF coach Stan Heath with some compliments on Louisville: “They dictated and did whatever they wanted to do. We didn’t have any answers, whether it was them speeding us up or us getting disrupted. I just thought we were a little bit in awe. You can’t play the jerseys, you have to play the guys inside the jerseys, and we were just kind of mesmerized.”
- USF coach Stan Heath on UofL
11) High praise, and now we go to Ollie with our weather report…Ollie?
13) Lol, Yeah I will never forget that ejection
15) The University of Louisville men’s and women’s swimming and diving team swept rival Kentucky on Senior Day Saturday evening in the Ralph Wright Natatorium. The men won 212.5-87.5 and the women prevailed 193-107.
17) The University of Louisville men’s tennis team fell 4-1 to fifth-ranked Ohio State in the finals of the ITA Kick-Off Weekend.
18) I guess we can’t win them all
19) We sure do try though
20) I digress
21) Don’t forget Monday through Friday on 1080 A.M. from 12:06-1 @TalkinNOIZ serves it up live from the Wendy’s studio. CSZ’s Steve Rummage is on every Thursday joining Lloyd Spence to talk Cards.
22) Speaking of @TalkinNOIZ I was on Monday and Thursday and ran into Matt Jones both times. Just my luck.
23) Speaking of Steve, he had some choice things to say to Vince McMahon at the conclusion of the Royal Rumble PPV
25) Well he didn’t actually say it TO Vince but he did speak his mind. And yes that is choice for Steve. Do you think Steve will change Vince’s mind?
27) Pretty much what I expected….for the record me and Steve correctly predicted the winner…Batista
28) Moving forward….in my Perrin Johnson voice
29) Sophomore Ben Williams secured his second indoor victory in the triple jump to lead the University of Louisville track and field teams on Saturday at the Vanderbilt Invitational in Nashville, Tenn.
30) Crap it’s only 30?
31) Bringing it back….
32) Moving on
33) On CSZ we ran a poll last week asking you the reader who your starting 5 was of all time Rick Pitino players at the University of Louisville. Here are the poll results
34) Also we each gave our opinions on our top 5 and why
35) Here is Daryl’s
36) Here is Justin’s
37) Here is Steve’s
38) Here is mine
39) Hope you guys enjoyed them all and shoot us some ideas on other polls you would be interested in
40) The 2014 ACC Football Schedule came out on Wednesday
41) Looks like a good time to me…I love the bye weeks before the big games against Florida State and Notre Dame
42) We showed you earlier a some of the visitors tweets from this weekends official visits. One of those visitors 6’8 315 pound JUCO OT Kelby Johnson committed yesterday. Must have been the cookie cake
44) Breaking news….I commit
45) Sorry I just love cookie cake
46) The University of Louisville women’s tennis beat Missouri 4-0, in the consolation match of the ITA Kick-Off Weekend on Sunday at the Ring Tennis Complex in Gainesville, Fla.
47) This morning, single game tickets for five of the six remaining University of Louisville men’s basketball home games in the KFC Yum! Center will be available at a special price
49) No it’s not free…
50) Some people
51) On Friday night Russ Smith did an awesome thing for a girl who was stood up for Homecoming….He stood in and made a girl’s night and in turn made his own. Read the full story here
52) Sports Illustrated put out a list of the Top 25 games in the 2013-2014 season and the Cards only loss of the season made the list. The Cards 38-35 loss to the UCF Knights on October 18th ranked as the 11th best game of the season.
53) I really do wanna thank @LvilleShawn for his participation in the “55” franchise…you have been the butt of the joke many times.
55) Yes yes….#Bootymeat lol. Until next time America….This was 55
(For those of you new to 55, Shawn has an unhealthy infatuation with this pic and the corresponding video)
(Thanks to @TurtleBITW for the pic)
P.S. Just because you can’t see it enough…..it’s the Dunk of Earl Parts 1 & 2
and just because those were fun……
Posted on January 27, 2014, in Basketball, Cardinal Athletics, Football and tagged #Bootymeat, #HeGone, @chanetrigga, @Darylfoust4, @Jeremy_CSZ, @JRVille25, @PerrinJohnson, @Stiz_CSZ, @TalkinNoiz, @TurtleBITW, ACC Schedule, Ben Williams, Clint Hurtt, Cookie Cake, Dunk Of Earl, Kevin Ollie, kyle kuric, Matt Jones, Montrezl Harrell, Rick Pitino, russ smith, RussDunkulous, Shoni Schimmel, Stan Heath, UCF Knights, University of Louisville Men's Tennis, vince mcmahon, Wayne Blackshear. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.