This week…..on 55…..
The tenth episode of 55. Oh how time flies. It seems like it was just yesterday that you were nothing more than just an idea in my head. I just can’t believe how fast you have grown. Before long we will celebrate your 21st. I can’t talk about this right now. Sorry. Moving on. I know what you are saying…Jeremy has finally lost it, or dude it’s just a story. You would be right either way. I am just glad that this week it was not as eventful as last week and that I will be able to take time out to make fun of Shawn once again….I feel like I neglected him. Poor lil guy. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) Mark Schlabach has once again released his “Way too early Top 25″ for college football this upcoming season. Check out where he ranks the Cards here
2) He also ranked Texas…..there goes his credibility with me
3) Sorry Charlie
4) Still a little salty………
5) Saturday Preston Brown & Hakeem Smith played in the East-West Shrine game. Both played well but evidently nobody cared enough to post tackling stats on any site anywhere….
7) Oh great SpongeBob is back…..anyways
8) The University of Louisville has purchased the Cardinal Club, an 18-hole championship golf course and 212-acre complex in Simpsonville, Ky. which serves as home to the U of L men’s and women’s golf teams. The facility will be rebranded as the University of Louisville Golf Club
9) It really was long overdue….great purchase by the University
10) Louisville midfielder Charlyn Corral was selected to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America Scholar All-America Team the NSCAA announced on Wednesday
11) Sources tell me…..Shawn wears Underroos……Finally a Shawn joke!!!!!!!
12) Sorry bud…I felt I had neglected you. Moving forward
Post Game Wrap Up
Coming into the game, coach Rick Pitino knew that this Oregon team was highly under seeded. Starting out the game, Louisville forced turnovers early and attacked the paint, with all 10 of their first points coming from the paint. Peyton Siva was in early foul trouble and had to sit down. It appeared that the Cardinals would struggle without Siva, however it was the opposite. The Louisville bench stepped up and players like Kevin Ware and Luke Hancock filled in the gap, as the Cards got up to a 24-8 lead early. As time ticked down, Oregon began to chop away at the lead. The Ducks went into the locker room, starving for a sign of life, down 45-31.