55 (Episode 7)
This week…..on 55…..
We celebrated our birthday at CSZ (got 0 cake) and watched the Cards dominate their bowl game after falling a little flat during the basketball game. I really hope you guys love this feature. I really do do (hehe) this for you guys. If it’s a hit then awesome and if only 10 people see it (yeah right) then so be it. But alas, it is the time of the week I love, 55 time. As we say goodbye to 2013: The Year Of The Card and say hello to 2014, YOTC pt 2. Once again I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week.
1) CardinalSportszone.com turned 2 years old on Wednesday. Once again I couldn’t begin to tell Steve, Justin, & Daryl what this site means to me and how proud I am to call them teammates…..what a way to go out…..sorry Teddy flashbacks
2) 1 more year! 1 more year!
3) Hopefully CardinalSportszone.com will have many, many more years
4) I am gonna tackle football first. Saturday evening the Cards disposed of the Miami Hurricanes 36-9. Teddy Bridgewater threw three touchdown passes and ran for another score on Saturday night in the Russell Athletic Bowl. He threw for a career high 447 yards
5) Teddy come back…..
7) He gone
8) I digress
9) Junior wideout DeVante Parker had 9 catches for 142 yards and a TD. His 12th TD of the season ties Ibn Green’s 1998 mark and puts him just 5 away from Ibn’s career mark
10) DeVante come back…..
11) Kicker John Wallace outscored Miami by himself, threw a punch and laid the wood in a very eventful game for the kicker
12) Switching gears this also happened Saturday:
13) OK back to football
14) Our defense dominated Miami and held them to one TD and 14 yards rushing
17) First Akon reference in the history of 55
18) prolly the last
19) #LegendTeddy seemed to be a popular phrase I coined last Monday night. So good my buddy Adam Lefkoe used it for a graphic on the news Thursday night….
20) Hopefully we never see TeddyTexan catch on….
21) And now a word from Russ Smith
23) Today Chane Behanan was dismissed from the Men’s basketball team. Rumors swirled after seeing the following tweets
Good luck wherever you end up Chane…………….We appreciate everything you did for us
24) My neice Ashlynn came to spend a few days with her favorite (only) uncle and she made me promise to give her a line in this week’s story
25) Puppies, my little pony…Justin Beiber
26) never again
27) Somewhere @lvilleshawn secretly hopes Ashlynn writes for me again and posts Beiber videos……
29) Sorry Shawn, you will always be the butt of my jokes…….
31) I wont pick on you anymore this year
32) Now I will talk about the painful part of the day, Russ Smith scored 19 and Chris Jones added 18 in a 73-66 loss to that one school
33) Almost instantly I was being taunted by a group of people who knew nothing about sports and my cousin
34) They make me hate talking to them
36) On the bright side I wont have to hear that now….
37) I digress again
38) This past week CSZ inundated the airwaves by having Steve on @TalkinNOIZ with our guy Lloyd Spence on Thursday and hosting the show while Lloyd was en route to Orlando on Friday and co-hosting again today, Justin co-hosting on Friday and me and Steve doing The Afternoon Drive with our guy @PerrinJohnson Friday afternoon as well
39) Taking over…..kinda
40) Last Friday ended my seasonal run at Fanatics.com. I had a blast. Tammy, Jessica, Leah and Jess…the fab 5 will live on…
42) Still dislike Petty
43) Oh well
44) We interrupt 55 to bring you this from Russ
46) It really does help with the pain #DunkOfTheYear
47) We found out Sunday night that Calvin Pryor will forgo his sr year to enter the draft. Lorenzo Mauldin and Dominique Brown will return. Waiting on more announcements. We will bring them to you at @CardSportsZone and CardinalSportsZone.com
48) Before I forget, me and Steve want to make sure that my wife Theresa is credited if we ever decide to advertise on koozies….It is literally her go to suggestion
49) Hopefully I hear that no more
51) Next week we will debut a new segment on CSZ called CardNations top tweets. If you see a funny tweet that you believe should be put on a pedestal RT that tweet and use the hashtag #CSZTOTW. I think it will be fun. You may not nominate me unless absolutely necessary
52) I got the following tweets this morning from my friend Erik (Diehard U fan) and my former mentor Sam Madison….
53) I love Cracker Barrel EB….Go Cards!
54) Had a great Christmas Eve lunch with my brother Joseph, the creator of Camel Peter, and my childhood friend/brother Terrance Farley……It was epic. Yes I said Camel Peter (See last weeks Episode for clarification)
P.S.- Late Saturday night, this happened:
Mama I made it! haha
Video Of The Week:
Posted on December 30, 2013, in Uncategorized and tagged #LegendTeddy, #TheTrending1, @Darylfoust4, @JRVille25, @Lvilleshawn, @Stiz_CSZ, @TalkinNoiz, Adam Lefkoe, Calvin Pryor, Camel Peter, cardinalsportszone.com, Chane Behanan, chris jones, DeVante Parker, Dominique Brown, Fanatics.com, Justin Beiber, lloyd spence, Lorenzo Mauldin, Mike Wallace, Perrin Johnson, russ smith, Russell Athletic Bowl, Sam Madison, Teddy Bridgewater, Theresa. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.