BOT Meeting Wrap Up
The meeting wrapped up with a Q & A session, led by acting President Dr. Gregory Postel and board chair David Grissom, regarding the closed portion of the meeting.
Below are the highlights of the Q & A session:
– Dr. Postel spoke freely about the status of theuniversity’s accreditation, stating, “we’ve made really substantial progress,” to maintain accreditation. He noted that after the site meeting with SACS, the university was left with a few housekeeping items. The university will submit a report back to SACS in November.
– Regarding the contract with Adidas, Dr. Postel acknowledged that he was aware of the negotiations with Adidas. He made it clear that the agreement is for next year. However, he notes that the he and the board need to study the agreement to understand it. Dr. Postel added, “if it’s been tainted, we want no part.”
– On notification of any NCAA violations, Dr. Postel advised that the university had not received any notice from the NCAA regarding the ongoing investigation.
– Regarding Tom Jurich’s status and whether Grissom had received outside pressure, Grissom indicated that he had not received any outside pressure to retain Jurich.
– Dr. Postel was asked if he was concerned that donors would pull their donations if Jurich is not retained. Dr. Postel replied, “donors donate money to the university, NOT people.”
– Dr. Postel mentioned that he plans to meet with the athletic coaches tomorrow. He also announced the Athletic Association would meet today at 1 PM to discuss Coach Rick Pitino. A press conference to name an interim Athletic Director is set for tomorrow at 1 PM.
Posted on October 2, 2017, in Basketball, Cardinal Athletics, Louisville Athletics, Louisville Basketball and tagged board of trustees, Cardinals, College Basketball, FBI, Louisville, Louisville Athletics, Louisville Basketball, Louisville Cardinals Basketball, Rick Pitino, Tom Jurich. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.