Press release from the University of Louisville athletic department:
With the 2018 college baseball season on the horizon (29 days away for those of you who aren’t following the @UofLBaseball countdown on Twitter), listed below are some dates to remember for 14th-ranked Louisville. I’ll send more information on these as the dates approach, but I wanted to give you a heads up now in order to assist in planning your coverage of the Cardinals. We appreciate everything each of you do for our program and we look forward to another entertaining season at Jim Patterson Stadium.
Friday, Jan. 26: 2018 Louisville Baseball Leadoff Dinner presented by Republic Bank
- Louisville head coach Dan McDonnell and featured guests Adam Engel (Chicago White Sox) and Kyle McGrath (San Diego Padres) will meet with reporters on Jan. 26 at 6:15 p.m., ET at the Louisville Marriott Downtown prior to this year’s event.
- The Cardinals will officially begin practice for the 2018 season on Friday, Jan. 26 at Jim Patterson Stadium. The first half of this practice/scrimmage will be open to the media (starting time TBA).
Tuesday, Feb. 13: 2018 Louisville Baseball Media Day
- The Cardinals are scheduled to host their 2018 Media Day activities on Feb. 13 at approximately 12:30 p.m. ET in the Omaha Room at Jim Patterson Stadium. Head coach Dan McDonnell and selected players will be available for interviews to preview the upcoming season.
Friday, Feb. 16: 2018 Opening Day
- The Cardinals will open the 2018 season on Feb. 16-18 in Charleston, South Carolina with a trio of games at The Charleston Crab House Challenge hosted by The Citadel at Joseph P. Riley Park. Louisville will face Richmond on Feb. 16 at noon ET, The Citadel on Feb. 17 at 3 p.m., and George Mason on Feb. 18 at 11 a.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 21: 2018 Home-Opener at Jim Patterson Stadium
- The 2018 home-opener for the Cardinals is set for Wednesday, Feb. 21 at 3 p.m., ET at Jim Patterson Stadium against Eastern Kentucky.