This week…..on 55…..
As we come down to the last few episodes of 55, it’s only fitting that the end of the basketball season is near too. I just wish there was something to talk about. Oh yeah…we get uk again! So in the spirit of revenge on those we despise more than Digger Phelps (I may have went too far) here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) On Thursday night we opened up our defense of the National Championship with a tough game vs the Manhattan Jaspers, coached by former Louisville asst coach Steve Masiello. I like to believe we played the basketball version of a game called chess. Rick didn’t want to embarrass Mass so we played tit-for-tat (lol) and won the game when we needed to. Played smothering defense as well.
3) Well that had the opposite effect than I intended
4) Nevertheless, we move onto our next conquest which are the mighty Billikens of Saint Louis. Top 10 team at times this year, former conference foes…what could scare us about the Billikens?
6) Oh yeah..That was creepy….in more ways then one
7) I digress
This week…..on 55…..
55 is not a state of mind or a way to live life your life…yet. It is a place to state facts and shoot down gripes. I have logged a ton of hours in this week at the factory. (I don’t really work in a….nevermind) Once again I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. Hope you enjoy. Or not…it’s cool.
1) The football team had a bye week, we did not lose however did not win
2) we still dropped in the poll 2 spots
3) We dropped 2 spots after beating USF by 31
4) UCF barely defeated USF this past week and jumped 2 spots
5) I despise UCF
6) The Men’s Basketball team looked to get back on track by defeating previously undefeated Southern Miss 69-38
7) Yes we held a grown mans team to 38 points for an entire game
8) We had 34 at halftime
9) Thx Kev. The Volleyball Cards have been on a roll as well going 18-0 in conference. Despite this the Cards are not even receiving votes in the AVCA Poll.
10) Four of their seven losses were to the number 3,11,13 & 17th ranked teams in the country early on in the season.