Although the Louisville Cardinals are currently not ranked in the Top 25, there are still some intriguing games this weekend, highlighted by an ACC clash between (1) Florida State and (22) Clemson. Quarterback Jameis Winston will not play in the first half, so this one could get interesting. Personally, I would still love to see the Seminoles undefeated when they visit Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium on October 30.
If you aren’t going to make the playoff, I know that rankings don’t matter too much, but of course you still want your team to be ranked. Louisville has some ground to make up, as they are the last team on “others receiving votes” in the AP poll. That essentially has them ranked 44th. Speaking of that, the ACC has three teams knocking on the door of being ranked: North Carolina (26), Duke (27), and Virginia Tech (29).
The action starts tonight as (5) Auburn hits the road to face (20) Kansas State in what is sure to be a rowdy environment.
(20) Kansas State vs (5) Auburn 7:30 ESPN
(11) Michigan State vs Eastern Michigan 12:00 Big Ten Network
(13) Georgia vs Troy 12:00 SEC Network
(19) Wisconsin vs Bowling Green 12:00 ESPN2
(3) Alabama vs Florida 3:30 CBS
SMU vs (6) Texas A&M 3:30 ABC/ESPN2
(21) BYU vs Virginia 3:30 ESPN
(18) Missouri vs Indiana 4:00 SEC Network
(8) LSU vs Mississippi State 7:00 ESPN
West Virginia vs (4) Oklahoma 7:30 FOX
Vanderbilt vs (14) South Carolina 7:30 SEC Network
(1) Florida State vs (22) Clemson 8:00 ABC
(24) Nebraska vs Miami 8:00 ESPN2
Washington State vs (2) Oregon 10:30 ESPN