Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last few weeks you’ve probably heard that Lamar Jackson is not going to hire an agent heading into his rookie season in the NFL. Instead, his mom will be his manager but he will represent himself. Take a listen below for his full explanation courtesy of our friends at 247 Sports.
Well, the chatter began on Monday afternoon and I was going to wait until an official announcement was made. But this pretty much makes it official to me. Lamar Thomas will be leaving the University of Louisville (or has already left) to be the wide receivers coach for the University of Kentucky. His twitter bio pretty much solidifies that. By the way, the most recent retweet is pretty comical now.
This week on 55……….
We talk commitments……HUGE commitments. How the Cards are doing under Bobby P. Red-White scrimmage tickets go on sale. Hot dogs, Nelson, Intrastate rivals and more. Is there one more big commitment in the CARDS for UofL this week? I say L yeah! So strap in, here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is……55.
1) ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC………..I’m really not sure if I said it enough times but ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC. My bad, I know that was the same #1 as it was last week but so much more respect nationally just due to the conference switch. Much more fun league to be a part of as well. Got the following tweet right after the game….
3) Last year we would have “slipped by” or “escaped” This year we shut down a top ACC team. So proud of this team…..
4) Read my experience from my first ACC game here
Louisville assistant coach and former Miami Hurricane receiver Lamar Thomas has always had his fair share of swag. This week however after the Cards beat the Canes (again) he showed that swag is still in full effect. Thomas took to twitter this week to talk to the haters.
According to Ryan Bartow (247 sports) and Mike Hughes (InsideTheVille), Louisville has offered 2015 safety Khalid McGee of Miami Northwestern High School. New wide receivers coach Lamar Thomas made the offer. Scout.com is the only service that I saw a rating for him, which was a 3-star.
McGee is about 5’10 and 180 lbs and also holds an offer from Florida State. Since he is only a junior, he will surely get more offers next season. Right now most of his offers come from his home state: Florida State, South Florida, Central Florida, Florida Atlantic, and Florida International. He also has a couple other offers from random places like Cincinnati and Utah, but obviously most come from the Sunshine State.
Bobby Petrino officially added Lamar Thomas and Terrell Buckley to his staff today. Thomas will coach the wide receivers and Buckley will coach the cornerbacks. Here is the official press release from UofL with more information on both of these coaches.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – University of Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino completed his coaching staff by hiring Lamar Thomas as the wide receivers’ coach and Terrell Buckley as the cornerbacks’ coach.
A young and up-and-coming coach, Thomas comes to Louisville after one season with Petrino at Western Kentucky.
Last season, Thomas’ wide receivers were key components in the Hilltoppers setting single season school records for passing yardage as well as total offense. Wideouts Willie McNeal and Joel German enjoyed career seasons, catching 46 and 26 passes, respectively. McNeal eclipsed the 100-catch mark for his career in 2013 as well as the 1,000-yard mark.
One of the most important things when a new coach is brought in is who he will bring with him. The coaching staff he hires is a huge part of what kind of success that will hopefully follow. Bobby Petrino seems to have put together a great staff here at the University of Louisville. While we were all pretty attached to the former staff, this one seems to be solid as well.
This week…..on 55…..
Once again I figured on having a pretty uneventful week. Name a new coach, get our recruits lined up and on board with the new staff and carry on. Boy was I wrong. In this weeks 55 I have so much info I may not be able to put a lot of pictures in, or joke on Shawn during the monologue. (Sorry Pal) From Old friends to new ones and commitments given and taken away, this has been quite the week. So sit down and buckle up because this week’s episode is sure to take you on an emotional roller-coaster of a ride.
So once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This is….55
1) Poona Ford de-committed
2) Chris Nelson de-committed
3) BOTH are now considering Texas
4) Thanks Charlie…..glad you are not cut like that
6) Sorry Charlie……
7) George Rushing de-committed from the Cards also as well as Isaiah Ford….hopefully both can find their way back home to the ‘Ville
8) It has been rumored that current Purdue U (PU for short) RB Dalyn Dawkins may be trying to find his way back home. It was a shame that Charlie didn’t recruit the in-state kids more than he did. More on this later…
9) He stated in an interview after being hired at Texas that he was glad to be in a state that has talent to recruit….or something along those lines. Classy move Chuck
10) Almost as classy as what he says during the following interview…..
12) Yep you heard him right, he was job hunting before our bowl game….SMH Read the rest of this entry
Here are the Twitter handles for the Football staff at the University of Louisville:
* All links will take you to their pages
HC- Bobby Petrino:
OC- Garrick McGee:
WR- Lamar Thomas: @LamarCoachT
OL- Chris Klenakis:
DB- Terrell Buckley
DC- Todd Grantham: @CoachTGUGA
As we find more we will add them to this list!