Cardinals Forever, Russdiculous, STV, Wichita and Lukeeeeeeeee all had dinner with Coach Pitino tonight at Jeff Rubys. There is a reason the 2013 team was so special to so many people, and those four guys are a huge part of it.
The Russ Smith Foundation, TBM and Sullivan’s Tap House have teamed up to form a charity basketball event in honor of Officer Nick Rodman, who was killed in the line of duty this past March. The event will feature the Metro City Stars, a team comprised of former Louisville players and prominent local figures up against a team of members of the LMPD, and will be hosted by Ballard High School this upcoming Saturday, June 24th at 6:30.
Metro City Stars Roster:
Russ Smith, Sr.
Peyton Siva, Jr.
This Friday April 4 from 6-8 p.m., Luke Hancock, Stephan Van Treese, and Tim Henderson will have an autograph session at the Towne Mall in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. According to the facebook page of the Towne Mall, the players will be on the stage at Center Court signing autographs. There will be a minimum purchase required, but that is all of the details that are available right now.
The mall is located at 1704 N Dixie Highway. Elizabethtown, Kentucky 42701
Phone: (270) 737-1617
Well this video is just awesome. Great job by Evan Westendorf.
This week…..on 55…..We come to an end of an era. No more Luuuuuuuuuuuuke, Russ, Wichita or Van Beast. No more of this 4 year version of Boom. We will miss you and cherish this class like no other. We did get another NCAA title this week and the girls of boom are still rolling so there’s that. So here we go, here are the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) On Friday night, which seems like a week ago, UL Men’s basketball team lost to a team none of us like….
2) This happened though….
4) Yeah I know scoreboard…
6) All jokes aside….Thank you to the following guys
7) Russ Smith
9) Tim Henderson
11) Seriously, from the bottom of our hearts…Thank you!
12) I also expect this guy to leave:
13) If he leaves I wanna thank you too Montrezl “MegaTrezl” Harrell for bringing massive monster dunks back to the school synonymous for dunking
It is obvious that our team will look much different next year. Losing such key components like Russ, Luke, Montrezl, and SVT will do that to a team. Pitino expects Montrezl to enter the NBA Draft, and I don’t think that will come as a surprise to any of us. Here is a look at what next year’s roster will probably look like. (After typing out the roster and actually looking at it, that whole “looking much different” part is a huge understatement, wow.)
This week…..on 55…..
We talk about huge basketball wins, Women’s Basketball advancing to the AAC tourney final, Sr night and the end of 55? And much, much more. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) For all that have been asking, Mom got out of the hospital this weekend, your prayers were appreciated and mine were answered. Thank you guys so much…..
2) Saturday was Sr night for the winningest Senior class in UofL Men’s Basketball history….Thanks go out to each and every one of you guys.
3) Here is a personal thanks to each of you individually
5) Tim Henderson: Wichita…the kid got a nickname! Without a doubt the 2nd biggest inspiration during the tourney run last year behind Kevin Ware. This guy was always underappreciated by the fanbase and always worked so hard.
He got in and extended our title run with 2 shots that will go down in Louisville history. Tim, as one of your biggest skeptics the first 2.5 years I wanna say thank you for all you have done. Maybe this year we can use some more Wichita magic!
7) Stephan Van Treese: SVT, SVB, VAN BEAST, Big Hustle. The man of many nicknames for many UL fans. One of the few guys that I can remember who gave his all every single play. Another key factor to our success. You need a hustle play and he will take care of it for you.
A member of one of the most troubled recruiting classes we have had along side of Swop, Marra & Buckles…Siva was fine as we know…SVT decided to come back this year and make it count and boy did we ever need him. Big Hustle, to you I salute you sir!
9) Luke Hancock: Lukeeeeeeeeeee (11 e’s because he is #11, duh) Luke is without a shadow of a doubt the most impactful transfer I can remember with Clifford Rozier being my #1 prior. The guy who single handedly turned around the NCAA title game after we got Spike’d (I still don’t believe it).
and just like that, and a Trezl dunk, in a blink of an eye Louisville came back to beat Michigan for it’s 3rd NCAA title. Thank you to the M.O.P. of the NCAA Final Four Luke Hancock. After losing his dad and playing for our country this past summer, Luke looks like he’s in Luke Tourney form from last year. Thanks again Luke….you will be remembered forever….
Here is the video of the Senior Day festivities for the Men’s team for those of you that didn’t get to see it or want to see it again. Enjoy!
Here’s the Women’s:
*Video Courtesy of UofL
We asked on twitter, and you responded. This group of seniors have given us many moments in their time at UofL. Here are your favorites!