This week…..on 55…..
We talk about huge basketball wins, Women’s Basketball advancing to the AAC tourney final, Sr night and the end of 55? And much, much more. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55.
1) For all that have been asking, Mom got out of the hospital this weekend, your prayers were appreciated and mine were answered. Thank you guys so much…..
2) Saturday was Sr night for the winningest Senior class in UofL Men’s Basketball history….Thanks go out to each and every one of you guys.
3) Here is a personal thanks to each of you individually
5) Tim Henderson: Wichita…the kid got a nickname! Without a doubt the 2nd biggest inspiration during the tourney run last year behind Kevin Ware. This guy was always underappreciated by the fanbase and always worked so hard.
He got in and extended our title run with 2 shots that will go down in Louisville history. Tim, as one of your biggest skeptics the first 2.5 years I wanna say thank you for all you have done. Maybe this year we can use some more Wichita magic!
7) Stephan Van Treese: SVT, SVB, VAN BEAST, Big Hustle. The man of many nicknames for many UL fans. One of the few guys that I can remember who gave his all every single play. Another key factor to our success. You need a hustle play and he will take care of it for you.
A member of one of the most troubled recruiting classes we have had along side of Swop, Marra & Buckles…Siva was fine as we know…SVT decided to come back this year and make it count and boy did we ever need him. Big Hustle, to you I salute you sir!
9) Luke Hancock: Lukeeeeeeeeeee (11 e’s because he is #11, duh) Luke is without a shadow of a doubt the most impactful transfer I can remember with Clifford Rozier being my #1 prior. The guy who single handedly turned around the NCAA title game after we got Spike’d (I still don’t believe it).
and just like that, and a Trezl dunk, in a blink of an eye Louisville came back to beat Michigan for it’s 3rd NCAA title. Thank you to the M.O.P. of the NCAA Final Four Luke Hancock. After losing his dad and playing for our country this past summer, Luke looks like he’s in Luke Tourney form from last year. Thanks again Luke….you will be remembered forever….
Here is the schedule of events for Friday February 21, 2014. A lot of action going on in UofL sports, and even some home games if you can make it out!
|FRIDAY, FEB 21|
|Baseball||WESTERN MICHIGAN||JIM PATTERSON STADIUM||3:00 PM|
|Softball||Northern Kentucky||ULMER STADIUM||3:00 PM|
|Softball||Eastern Kentucky||ULMER STADIUM||5:30 PM|
|Women’s Tennis||RUTGERS||BASS-RUDD TENNIS CENTER||12:00 PM|
|Men’s Tennis||VIRGINIA TECH||BASS-RUDD TENNIS CENTER||4:00 PM||Live scoring|
|Women’s Lacrosse||Old Dominion||Norfolk, Va.||6:00 PM||Live Stats|
|Swimming & Diving||AAC Championships||RALPH WRIGHT NATATORIUM||All Day||Watch Here!!!|
Normally I just go over what went on during the weekend, but Thursday night was a great night for Cardinal Football and there were no other sports going on so here we go!
Here is what happened the weekend of Thursday October 10th through Sunday October 13th around CardNation:
On Thursday October 10th:
*Teddy Bridgewater went 21-31 for 310 yards and 2 TD while throwing a very rare INT, only his second of the season in a 24-10 victory over Rutgers. Senorise Perry added to the offensive attack with 13 rushes for 104 yards and 1 TD with his longest rush for 42 yards. Louisville’s defense came up huge with 8 sacks and forced Rutgers QB Gary Nova to be….Gary Nova as he threw 4 INT’s. Calvin Pryor III led the Defense with 14 total tackles.
On Friday, October 11th:
*In Swimming and Diving: In the first meet of the season, the Cardinals donned pink caps in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and defeated the Xavier Musketeers on the women’s side, 195-64 and 189-70 for the men. The Cards won every race.
*The No. 14 University of Louisville field hockey team fell 6-0 to No. 4 University of Connecticut on Friday evening at the George J. Sherman Family Sports Complex. The loss marks the first conference setback for the Cardinals (10-3, 3-1 BIG EAST). UConn improves to 11-1, 4-0.
*In Women’s Soccer, Senior Charlyn Corral scored a goal and dished out an assist to lead the Cardinals to a 3-0 win over USF on Friday night in Cardinal Park.
*Janelle Jenkins had 14 kills to lead the University of Louisville to a 25-20, 25-22, 25-19 sweep of South Florida in The American Athletic Conference volleyball action Friday night at the KFC Yum! Center. Maya McClendon added 11 kills and 10 digs. Katie George added a whopping 39 assists
*In Men’s Tennis, the Cards went undefeated in singles and doubles on day one of Ohio Valley Regional
By Justin Renck:
There are plenty of UofL sports in action on Friday, and the day is highlighted by a national power coming into town. Check out the full schedule of events below!
By Justin Renck:
Today is another very busy day for UofL sports! Once again, that is a great thing! We love our Cards and every sport. The highlight of the day is the men’s basketball game at noon, but there is plenty more on the schedule!
Although most people will be focused on the UofL football game, there is more than just that going on! Here is the UofL sports schedule for Saturday!
Friday was a busy day for UofL teams. Here is a quick rundown of the action!
We all know it is the best time to be a Cards fan. This is a very busy weekend, highlighted by football and basketball. But here is the schedule for today. A huge pair of home UofL games with Volleyball and Women’s Basketball! Go Cards!