The University of Louisville football team will conduct its annual Wendyís Wonderful Kids Spring Game on Friday, April 13 at 7:30p.m. inside Papa Johnís Cardinal Stadium. Admission to the game is FREE.
Parking lots will open at 2:30 p.m. and gates open at 6:30 p.m. Drink specials will be available on the Norton Healthcare Terrace for only $3. StreetFest will open at 5:30.
All of the events and fan-friendly entertainment is awesome but I’m just here for some football. This will be your first and last look at the 2018-2019 edition of the Louisville football team until probably August. Because the public has not been allowed to any of the spring practices, you will have to watch closely for the answers to all your questions and try to take in as much as you can. Here are the top 10 things that I will be looking for or paying attention to… Read the rest of this entry
UofL Football’s annual Spring Game is upon us. It is set for April 14 at 1 pm. UofL has issued a press release detailing all the planned events and festivities for the day.
Among the information is when the parking lots will open and that Coach Bobby Petrino and players will sign autographs at the conclusion of the game.
In the days after the 2017 Spring game, I have asked many people what was their take on the Spring Game attendance. Would you go if it were on a different day? Different time of day? Is it important to you? What kept you from going? Read the rest of this entry
ALL RISE!!! Court is now in session. The honorable Bucket Hat King LJ tha Fiasco presiding. Please be seated and come to order‚ÄĚ
Please be seated. ¬†Saturday afternoon marked the beginning of the long 4 1/2 month wait for tailgating, horrible football taeks, bold ACC predictions, and CARDS-FIRST-DOWN chants (more on this later). ¬† Sure the baseball team is rolling through Spring with it’s eyes set on Omaha. ¬†The NBA Playoffs also known as “when the pros actually try” has begun but lets not act like the dead period is not quickly approaching. ¬†So if you didn’t make it out to the Spring Game I would suggest you invest in YouTube and catch some old games. Fact of the matter is, the Spring Game is just a nice fix until September.
Louisville Running Back Dae Williams tore his ACL in practice last week, the football program announced. Although there is a slight shot he will still see action this upcoming season, most indicators point to his 2017 season coming to a premature end. We wish him a speedy recovery.
This morning on Twitter, the Louisville football program announced the rosters for this Saturday’s spring game. The annual Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Spring Game will kick off at 1pm at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.
On Saturday,¬†April 15th, Louisville football will hold it’s annual Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Spring Game. This will be our last chance as fans to see the team for about 5 months.
It’s tough to determine in this glorified scrimmage just how much the team has improved or how well certain players will adapt in their new roles, whether it be as a starter or at a new position. The coaching staff will be trying different personnel packages, implementing different schemes and calling a variety of experimental plays.
Take it for what it is, a chance to see our guys in action. Even though it’s tough to gauge how great this team can be by the outcome or stats from this game, we can get a look at certain players of interest and individual position¬†battles. Here are 10 things that I will watching with great interest.¬† Read the rest of this entry
Dates for Spring practices and Spring Game announced. Read the rest of this entry
**This post is doing so well, we bumped it**
You have heard everyones thoughts and opinions on the spring game. If you haven’t read ours, click here (Cheap pop).¬†It was one of the most exciting spring games that I can remember as Lamar threw 8 TD’s and amassed 1st half video game numbers. 23-28, 454 yards¬†& 7 TD. WOW!¬†Even though the attendance was super disappointing, the sights and action were not. Our guy Jeff Nunn came out and took some photos at the spring game and we hope that you enjoy them!
On April 16th 2016, I took my son to Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium for the annual football Spring Game. The weather was absolutely perfect. Early reports from the local talking heads and many people around the program were that the attendance would likely eclipse the record of approximately 33,000. With the weather forecast being phenomenal, the rumblings of how Lamar Jackson had improved by leaps and bounds as a passer and the overflow of positivity from the victory over Texas A&M in the Music City Bowl, I too expected a record crowd. Read the rest of this entry
I’ve been on vacation for a week therefore I have a lot to catch up on so this week’s edition of Nunnsense will be a potpourri of topics. I was enjoying my family time on vacation so much that I didn’t even watch the college basketball national championship game. I knew that since I didn’t watch there would be an epic finish. And of course, I was correct. Congrats to Villanova. I took the vacation week and removed myself completely from the sports world. Well, almost……..
The Louisville Football team held a 161 play scrimmage this morning in the Trager Indoor Practice facility. As we are 1 week away from the spring game at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, the Cards hope to put on a show at 1pm on Saturday. The offense is what I have been the most excited to se and todays results are just a flash of what we will see. The WR/TE corp are my favorite because face it, I was a tight end and I appreciate what these guys have to do. Here are some of the key points from todays scrimmage:
Wide receivers Jamari Staples, Traveon Samuel and Ja’Quay Savage had two big touchdown receptions, while wide receiver James Quick also added a touchdown catch. ¬†Tight ends Micky Crum and Charles Standberry also scored on Saturday.
“We went a long time this morning,” head coach Bobby Petrino said after Saturday’s 12th practice. “It was a good scrimmage. It was back-and-forth again. We look forward to the spring game next Saturday. The whole week will be a lot of fun with two practices and the game on Saturday.
For the full story click here
The way too early Football Hype video. It’s short but I hope I threw enough clips together to give you some positivity to hold you over till the Spring game. Read the rest of this entry
This week‚Ä¶..on 55‚Ä¶..
In honor of MY beloved Steelers hiring former¬†Steeler great Joey Porter…and because I couldn’t find any new 55 pics…I have dedicated the title pic to you Joey Porter. Congrats! On the job not being the header on 55, or both, whatever. This week on 55 we discuss long layoffs, an all seeing being in CardNation and much, much more.¬†Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This ‚Ä¶..is‚Ä¶.55.
1) We shall start off this week with a little Football talk. Tae Thibodeaux signed with UofL on Wednesday. The 6’1 267 pound Defensive Tackle is a much needed addition to the 2014 recruiting class. Read more here
2) Also this past weekend the Cards had a ton of visitors. Headed by David Moala, Pio Vatuvei for officials and Emmitt Smith and compamy here for junior day. Read more about Pio and Moala here
3) It was announced that all of the Spring practices will be open to the public leading up to the annual Spring game on April 11. Here is the full schedule:
4) Henry Famurewa¬†Tweeted this out on Saturday:
5) Straight Fire………..
6) On to Basketball
7) “This has been the longest wait ever between games! At least we get to play tomorrow.”
8) “No we don’t”
10) Snowmageddon, patent pending, probably not, pushed UofL’s game vs storied rival Temple over to Friday night AKA Valentines Day. No worries as the Cards dispatched their rivals 82-58. Montrezl Harrell had a career high 22 points and with his 6 dunks, pulled within one dunk of the single season dunk record set by Chane Behanan. Surely he would shatter that vs Rutgers….
12) Because he would only get one dunk Sunday night vs storied rival Rutgers during a 102-54 stomping of Rutgers at home in the YUM! Lead by Luke Hancock’s 25 points (6 threes), Rozier’s 4 threes which led to¬†an overall season high 16 3 point baskets made, it gave very few opportunities for Trezl to be Trezl. Worry not as the very next dunk breaks the record.
13) Also evidentally ESPN likes to call every team we play a storied rival
This week‚Ä¶..on 55‚Ä¶..
Additions, Subtractions, Super Bowl & JC Penneys? Yeah I try to cover it all. From people going crazy¬†on me to signing day¬†to the omission of a certain someone, it’s here. A powerful and swift campaign swept twitter last Tuesday and you know what? It worked.¬†Well here we go.¬†Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This ‚Ä¶..is‚Ä¶.55
That is a pic of my Doss Jersey in case you were wondering, if you weren’t then I challenge your existence
2) Louisville First, Cards FOREVER….never forget
3) Hopefully some of the recruits out there who are still deciding pay attention to this
4) Speaking of recruits
5) Trumaine Washington
6) That’s how you show love guys! Click here for more on Trumaine
7) LuKayus Mcneil (click here for more)
8) Charles Standberry (click here for more) No tweets from today
9) ¬†Quincy McKinney
10) So for all of you guys that doubted coach P, we just jumped up into the top 35-40 when some of ya’ll said we would be 70th
12) I tried to tell them Shaq