The Louisville Football team held a 161 play scrimmage this morning in the Trager Indoor Practice facility. As we are 1 week away from the spring game at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, the Cards hope to put on a show at 1pm on Saturday. The offense is what I have been the most excited to se and todays results are just a flash of what we will see. The WR/TE corp are my favorite because face it, I was a tight end and I appreciate what these guys have to do. Here are some of the key points from todays scrimmage:
Wide receivers Jamari Staples, Traveon Samuel and Ja’Quay Savage had two big touchdown receptions, while wide receiver James Quick also added a touchdown catch. Tight ends Micky Crum and Charles Standberry also scored on Saturday.
“We went a long time this morning,” head coach Bobby Petrino said after Saturday’s 12th practice. “It was a good scrimmage. It was back-and-forth again. We look forward to the spring game next Saturday. The whole week will be a lot of fun with two practices and the game on Saturday.
For the full story click here
This week…..on 55…..
We talk 2014 Football signing class, emoticons and emoji, The valiant effort of the Women’s Basketball team (Not Lady Cards, been trying to spread the word coach) to a surprise for the loyal readers of 55, and so much more. Here’s a little backstory on this week’s 55 pic. The above picture is a speed limit sign from the frigid snow engulfed areas of Northern Wisconsin. Their motto is drive under 55 and you may stay alive. I wish I was kidding, I am not at all. We are doing our next #CardFam Lunch this Sunday at noon at BW3’s on Dixie, all are welcome, just DM me and let me know for head count purposes. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
1) I am starting a promotion for my loyal and wonderful supporters of the #55movement (Just made that up). Starting next Monday I will let you guys write a portion of 55. Just tweet me #First15 and I will let you write the first 15 lines of 55. It’s that simple. Shoutout to @TurtleBITW for getting my brain turning and coming up with this idea. Everyone will get to do it. I will randomize the order. That easy.
3) I did NOT get the idea from this book
4) Speaking of
5) I posed a question on Twitter last night about whether or not dudes should send other dudes smiley faces or tongue sticking out faces or emojis or emoticons in general. I said RT for Yes and Fav for No. I had a few speak on it instead of following Twitter survey etiquette but here is the question and results.
7) No RT and all favorites…
9) Haha indeed
10) I had a friend tell me I needed emoji for dummies….But “he” uses them and knew the name of the book….
12) Moving forward
13) Today Greg Brown, an NFL coaching veteran and former collegiate defensive coordinator, has joined the University of Louisville football’s coaching staff as the safeties coach and recruiting coordinator. Brown spent 15 years in the NFL before going to Alabama in 2013 as secondary coach under Nick Saban.
14) Kelsi Jones was named the inaugural AAC Player of the Week as UofL Softball started the season with a tough 3-2 record on the weekend. It doesn’t get any easier this weekend heading to Jacksonville with games against #17 Mizzou, #36 Notre Dame & #39 North Carolina. Good Luck girls!
15) On Sunday the Women’s Tennis team annihilated Conference foe Cincy 7-0 at home. The Cards are on a 3 match winning streak and will head to Wisconsin Friday.
Joe Namath because…well why not?
There has been a lot going on in Louisville sports lately, highlighted by football commitments every 5 minutes (seems like it). So I figured I would get you all caught up here on what has been going on. Consider this your one-stop shop for recent Louisville news. But come back and check out the site later if you want to of course. There will be a lot of links in this post so if you haven’t been able to keep up with news lately, it is all laid out for you.
*National Signing Day is this Wednesday February 5. We will keep you updated on what players become official members of the Louisville football team. Always an exciting day. The day of the fax machine!
*Some people started to get worried about this year’s football recruiting class. Some of us laughed at those people, and for good reason. Petrino and his staff have been getting commitments left and right lately, and here they are (as of now)…
This week…..on 55…..
Additions, Subtractions, Super Bowl & JC Penneys? Yeah I try to cover it all. From people going crazy on me to signing day to the omission of a certain someone, it’s here. A powerful and swift campaign swept twitter last Tuesday and you know what? It worked. Well here we go. Once again, I share with you the 55 most ridiculous things I have heard, had to debate, or just thought about this past week. This …..is….55
That is a pic of my Doss Jersey in case you were wondering, if you weren’t then I challenge your existence
2) Louisville First, Cards FOREVER….never forget
3) Hopefully some of the recruits out there who are still deciding pay attention to this
4) Speaking of recruits
5) Trumaine Washington
6) That’s how you show love guys! Click here for more on Trumaine
7) LuKayus Mcneil (click here for more)
8) Charles Standberry (click here for more) No tweets from today
9) Quincy McKinney
10) So for all of you guys that doubted coach P, we just jumped up into the top 35-40 when some of ya’ll said we would be 70th
12) I tried to tell them Shaq
Bobby Petrino and his staff are finishing off this recruiting season in great fashion. According to Ryan Bartow and Mike Hughes of InsideTheVille.com, the latest commitment comes from 3-star JUCO offensive tackle Quincy McKinney, who is listed at 6’4 and 310 lbs. He currently attends Hutchinson Community College in Hutchinson, Kansas. He is originally from Columbus, Georgia. McKinney chose the Cards over N.C. State and East Carolina. He also had offers from Kansas State and Arizona State.
McKinney joins Danny Burns, Kelby Johnson, and Lukayus McNeil as offensive linemen commits. Since Friday night, the Cards have gotten commitments from Lukayus McNeil, Trumaine Washington, Charles Standberry, and now Quincy McKinney. Pretty nice weekend.
The good news keeps rolling in this weekend for Bobby Petrino and the Louisville football team as they got another commit, making that 3 since Friday evening. This time it was Charles Standberry, who was an Ole Miss commit. He was visiting the Cards this weekend and flipped his commitment to Louisville. He joins Lukayus McNeil and Trumaine Washington as the commits this weekend for Louisville.
Standberry is a 3-star tight end/wide receiver out of Montgomery, AL. He is 6’3 and 205 lbs, which sounds a little more like a receiver than a tight end.
Here is the list of visitors for the University of Louisville football program this weekend. There are 12 total targets, including 3 Junior College players.
Cornelius Sturghill– 3* cornerback from Memphis, TN. Current Wisconsin commit. 5’11 167 lbs
Sean Bowens– 3* linebacker from Port St. Lucie, FL. 6’2 221 lbs
Lukayus McNeil– 3* offensive tackle from Indianapolis, IN. 6’7 270 lbs